Building a brand on social media is like raising a child; it needs utter care, patience, support, time and a lot of heart! I personally feel that brands on social media have almost given up the latter word because the only thing I see on many pages is pushy sales. The most awesome thing about social media is people and their direct, one-on-one interaction but if you miss out on such an important aspect, then probably you need to revise your strategy! Here are my 7 Tips which you should remember to strengthen your social media brand profile strategy!
- Build relations– My grandmother used to say that building relations and maintaining them will never let you down but sure help you when in the long run! Likewise in the social media creating a connect with your audience is important as well as maintaining the connect cause social media works on word of mouth fundamentals and if you are a brand which clicks on social media then you are about to get free publicity! Invite people to participate with call to action questions, asking for advise, invite their response and be thankful when they interact
- Customized images– By customizing your brand images, you create your brand value. But while doing so don’t over power your brand with your logo and template all over. People might think twice when they share something like that, and you should not stop them from doing such an awesome favor for you!
- Brand connect – Pages flow with all sorts of generic content these days. For example an Ecommerce website page was wishing happy birthday to a celebrity? Like where is the connect? Don’t post passively on social media otherwise the audience won’t get what they are assuming to get from your brand. Stick to your brand, post images, articles, videos, etc. in connection with your brand!
- Trending topics– Trendy topics are healthy way to gain new audience. Keep an eye for topics which are related to your brand and start making conversations. Even at times when you don’t see topics related to your brand, don’t get disheartened as they will just help in keeping you in track of stuff going around!
- Monitor- Keeping a check on your social strategy with your business goal is essential as social media is very dynamic. Social analytics can be useful in forecasting the current and future market demand which in turn can be used to know your customers and make the most of your marketing and advertising spend. Also keep a track of latest tools which can help you monitor more efficiently.
- Variety – Don’t you get bored when you see the same sort of post again, and again, and again? So why would you do that for your audience? Bring in variety in your updates with images, videos; links to blogs, status updates, etc. just don’t posts only same kind of content every time.
- Humanize – Social media is so awesome because of the people around it! People like when you talk to them, take their view points, etc. So humanize your brand, give it a heart and voice to connect with your audience on a direct level!
There are variety of other points which are also essential which I will sure share in my upcoming topics, do let me know if you think I have missed out on something important from the list!
Also feel free to help me with other topics which you think I can take up in the future!