In a Hindu marriage there are 7 vows which both bride and the groom takes together for life. This infographic is a simple description of the 7 vows or Saath Pheras which a couple take in a marriage ceremony around the holy fire.
Almost centralized in the city of Lonavala, in the outskirts of Mumbai & Pune city, an Indian celebrity wax museum is located. Unknown to many residing in India as well as in Maharashtra itself, as this museum is not at all talked about or marketed anywhere! Even though I live in Navi Mumbai, I came to know about it’s existence just few days ago when my friends (more of an acquaintances) accidentally landed up there while they were in Lonavla (Actually they didn’t tell me about it as I made this observation while stalking their profiles :P)
From the website (must visit the site) itself I had a feeling that the museum was not going to be anything close to Madam Tussauds as it was cited almost everywhere on the site.
But we made a plan to visit the place on one free evening as it is almost 1 hour away from my place and the locals had mentioned it will be almost a 30 minutes tour (But frankly stating it is less then that if you don’t take the pictures).
Conclusions from the visit
#1 Plan a visit to Lonavla and include this as one of the places to visit on the list. Don’t go for just the wax museum.
#2 It’s a dingy place, I don’t think they clean it up that often as there was layers of dust on the statues, they should put an effort to clean the statues once in a while.
#3 I don’t know why they have put up all the carpets on the wall, that is just increasing the dust in the room and making it look more gloomy and sad.
#4 There are 3 rooms but statues are placed randomly, at least they should keep them according to profession like politicians together, musicians, actors, etc.
#5 Ticket costs around Rs 100 which I think is reasonable but they should also maintain it according to the fee.
#6 Some statues are really good like Narendra Modi, Rabindranath Tagore, Saddam Hussein, Jackie Shroff, Anna Hazare and Kapil Dev which are seriously selfie real!
#7 Some statues are bad as they just look like mannequin from the garment store like Angelina Jolie, Michael Jackson and Charlie chaplain.
#8 The description next to the statue was equally bad once, some of them just have a printout, they need to work so much on their presentation!
#9 Timings to visit the place were convenient from 9 AM to 9 PM
#10 Very limited number of statues with very limited popular ones not much on variety. Sachin Tendulkar, MS Dhoni, Amithabh Bacchan, etc are upcoming ones (don’t know for how long that upcoming board was put up there on the wall)
#11 There are just 3 small rooms which keep on decreasing in size as you go further inside.
#12 The entire tour will take around 30 minutes max if you are taking pictures and selfies.
#13 Don’t go with expectations as it will ruin your experience!
#14 There was a mandir next to Dada Sahib statue, only in India you see something like that in a museum!
Here are few pictures of the museum I took.
Instagram is the most popular visual community binding platform. It connects with everyone instantaneously in the language of images and videos, hence it comes out as a fun image sharing social network. It has helped many brands build their network and generate leads. Here are few tips where brands can go instafamous!
Hashtaging is very easy way to connect. There are couple of popular hashtags which brands can make use of too.Use popular hashtags while describing your posts than flooding your posts with unnecessary tags.
Direct is really nice option to connect with your audience. Its like twitter DM. You can always say a thank you for the follow and connect on a more personal way.
Like any other social media platform community building is also essential on instagram. Acknowledge with reply on posts or do reposts from those who follow you when they post something about your brand. Engage on a very human level with your audience.
Videos are very useful to get your attention on instagram. People generally stop to watch video while scrolling down their feeds, hence adding a video maybe DIY, etc. won’t do any harm.
What do you think? Have you tried anything from above pointers on Instagram to generate engagement? Do share.
Building a brand on social media is like raising a child; it needs utter care, patience, support, time and a lot of heart! I personally feel that brands on social media have almost given up the latter word because the only thing I see on many pages is pushy sales. The most awesome thing about social media is people and their direct, one-on-one interaction but if you miss out on such an important aspect, then probably you need to revise your strategy! Here are my 7 Tips which you should remember to strengthen your social media brand profile strategy!
- Build relations– My grandmother used to say that building relations and maintaining them will never let you down but sure help you when in the long run! Likewise in the social media creating a connect with your audience is important as well as maintaining the connect cause social media works on word of mouth fundamentals and if you are a brand which clicks on social media then you are about to get free publicity! Invite people to participate with call to action questions, asking for advise, invite their response and be thankful when they interact
- Customized images– By customizing your brand images, you create your brand value. But while doing so don’t over power your brand with your logo and template all over. People might think twice when they share something like that, and you should not stop them from doing such an awesome favor for you!
- Brand connect – Pages flow with all sorts of generic content these days. For example an Ecommerce website page was wishing happy birthday to a celebrity? Like where is the connect? Don’t post passively on social media otherwise the audience won’t get what they are assuming to get from your brand. Stick to your brand, post images, articles, videos, etc. in connection with your brand!
- Trending topics– Trendy topics are healthy way to gain new audience. Keep an eye for topics which are related to your brand and start making conversations. Even at times when you don’t see topics related to your brand, don’t get disheartened as they will just help in keeping you in track of stuff going around!
- Monitor- Keeping a check on your social strategy with your business goal is essential as social media is very dynamic. Social analytics can be useful in forecasting the current and future market demand which in turn can be used to know your customers and make the most of your marketing and advertising spend. Also keep a track of latest tools which can help you monitor more efficiently.
- Variety – Don’t you get bored when you see the same sort of post again, and again, and again? So why would you do that for your audience? Bring in variety in your updates with images, videos; links to blogs, status updates, etc. just don’t posts only same kind of content every time.
- Humanize – Social media is so awesome because of the people around it! People like when you talk to them, take their view points, etc. So humanize your brand, give it a heart and voice to connect with your audience on a direct level!
There are variety of other points which are also essential which I will sure share in my upcoming topics, do let me know if you think I have missed out on something important from the list!
Also feel free to help me with other topics which you think I can take up in the future!